How To Care For & Clean Your Ritual Remains Jewelry
The patina on our jewelry has been sealed but it is still sensitive to certain products and can change over time. Keep away from chemicals, pools, hairspray and all harsh detergents. Remove jewelry when showering, doing dishes and while exercising. Store jewelry in a dry place, separate from other items that might scratch the patina. Avoid rubbing your landscape jewelry as this can remove patina from the ‘sky’.
The patina used to create the colorful 'sunset' colors is not sealed, so it's important not to touch it. Store it in a dry place away from direct sunlight. Do not clean with a toothbrush or use a polishing cloth on this area. The patina may change over time but with proper care it will stay colorful.
Care Tips For Stones:
Some of the stones we use, such as turquoise and amber, are more fragile and need to be cared for gently. Remove jewelry before doing any rough work and keep them in a place where they won't be scratched by other items. Avoid rough surfaces and harsh chemicals.
- Gently clean with a mild soap, water and a soft bristle toothbrush. (Not recommended for pieces with a colorful patina).
- Remove tarnish with a sunshine polishing cloth for jewelry. Avoid polishing dark or colored sky areas, as too much polishing can remove the patina.
What materials are used in your jewelry?
We primarily use .925 sterling silver, brass and copper.
Is your jewelry nickle free?
All of our jewelry is 100% nickle free. We use .925 sterling silver for all of the ear wires in our standard earrings.
Silver, brass and copper are all prone to tarnish over time. We suggest keeping a polishing cloth to brighten up your jewelry if you do not like the antiqued, tarnished look. When using a polishing cloth, be very gentle on dark areas (like night skies) and on our blue patina. We recommend the Sunshine brand polishing cloth for silver, brass, copper and gold jewelry.
The patina may change or wear off in some areas over time. We are happy to reapply patina to your jewelry for a small fee.
Tips on keeping your jewelry from tarnishing:
- Chemicals like hairspray, perfume, deodorant, body lotion, bleach, etc., can speed up the tarnishing process. Also be mindful to keep silver away from rubber, vinegar, olives and fruit juice.
- Store your jewelry in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Storing your jewelry in individual, small zip-lock bags with an anti tarnish strip will help your jewelry from getting scratched and exposed to conditions that speed up tarnishing.
- Do not store jewelry unprotected in the bathroom or exposed to humidity and moisture.
- When you remove your jewelry, clean item with a polishing cloth or dry soft cloth before storing.