How To Care For & Clean Your Ritual Remains Jewelry
The patina on our jewelry has been sealed, but it is still sensitive to certain products and can change over time. Keep away from chemicals, pools, hairspray, and all harsh detergents. Remove jewelry when showering, doing dishes, and exercising. Store jewelry in a dry place, separate from other items that might scratch the patina. Avoid rubbing your landscape jewelry, which can remove the patina from the sky area.
The patina used to create the colorful 'sunset' colors is not sealed, so it's important not to touch it. Store it in a dry place away from direct sunlight. Do not clean with a toothbrush or use a polishing cloth on this area. The patina may change over time, but it will stay colorful with proper care.
Care Tips For Stones:
Some of the stones we use, such as turquoise and amber, are more fragile and need to be cared for gently. Please remove jewelry before doing any rough work and keep it where other items won't scratch the surfaces. Avoid rough surfaces and harsh chemicals.
- Gently clean with a mild soap, water, and a soft-bristle toothbrush. (Not recommended for pieces with a colorful patina).
- Remove tarnish with a Sunshine polishing cloth for jewelry. Avoid polishing dark or colored sky areas, as too much polishing can remove the patina.
What materials are used in your jewelry?
We primarily use .925 sterling silver, brass, and copper.
Is your jewelry nickel-free?
All of our jewelry is 100% nickel-free. We use .925 sterling silver for all ear wires in our standard earrings.
Silver, brass, and copper are all prone to tarnish over time. We suggest keeping a polishing cloth to brighten your jewelry if you do not like the antiqued, tarnished look. When using a polishing cloth, be very gentle on dark areas (like night skies) and our blue patina. We recommend the Sunshine brand polishing cloth for silver, brass, copper, and gold jewelry.
The patina may change or wear off in some areas over time. We are happy to reapply patina to your jewelry for a small fee.
Tips on keeping your jewelry from tarnishing:
- Chemicals like hairspray, perfume, deodorant, body lotion, bleach, etc., can speed up the tarnishing process. Also, keep silver away from rubber, vinegar, olives, and fruit juice.
- Store your jewelry in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Storing your jewelry in individual, small zip-lock bags with an anti-tarnish strip will help prevent your jewelry from getting scratched and exposed to conditions that speed up tarnishing.
- Do not store jewelry unprotected in the bathroom or exposed to humidity and moisture.
- When removing your jewelry, clean the item with a polishing cloth or soft dry cloth before storing it.